Monday, September 17, 2007

Casting Your Care upon Him

Today, for some reason, I'm remembering people and experiences that have taught me how to go onward.

I went to a ladies prayer group, years ago, and I think I might have been the youngest one there. That suited me just fine. These women were "oaks of righteousness" even if their limbs were frail and their faces lined.

The leader of the group saw to it that we did not just learn the Word and pray, but that we put all ourselves into our prayers. One way we did this was to cast our cares, literally. We went out into the sanctuary and spread out. Then we proceeded to put our bodies into our prayer as we sang,

"I cast all my cares upon You
I lay all of my burdens down at your feet
Anytime, I don't know, what to do-
I will cast all my care upon You."

Each line of that song had us moving, casting our cares over our shoulders, laying our burdens down at His feet symbolically; shaking our head side to side as we said, "anytime I don't know what to do" and then...casting our cares, throwing them all off, on Him.

What a precious memory I have. When times come that I don't know what to do- and neither do you
(Shake your head side to side in concern)
CAST ALL YOUR CARE upon Him- throw it all off
(now you're taking it all and with your arms casting it off in His direction).

After you cast your care upon Him, take a deep breath. Feel the joy of knowing...

HE can handle it
...ALL.

No comments: