Saturday, July 21, 2007

From a High Point

Years ago, God impressed on my heart this verse- Get yourself up on a high mountain, O Zion, bearer of good news, Lift up your voice mightily, O Jerusalem, bearer of good news; Lift it up, do not fear. Say to the cities of Judah, "Here is your God!" Is. 40:9

It was a type of call on my life that I heard loud and clear. God was endorsing this: if you've got something good to say, something that will liberate people from fear, then shout it out! And demonstrate the reality that God shows up -even if your knees are shaking. It's as if you're standing up on top of the mountain, yelling out "Don't worry, people! God is with us! He's here!!" and you close your eyes, sweep your arm out, turn your head as you whisper in your soul Oh God, Be there!! -and then open your eyes to see- He IS!!


You don't always have to shout it out to others. I talk to myself ....a lot. It's not in my sleep that I call out stuff- it's in the day light that I do it. I've got to. I've got to charge my soul "Hope in the Lord!" I've got to do my worshipping-dish-towel dance (oh, you'd love to see this!!) and shout out how great God is. I've got to declare to myself, "Behold your God!" And then I turn around and see-

He is there.



No comments: