Sunday, April 06, 2008

Wow

I just got back from teaching at a women's retreat this weekend and all I can say is....WOW. God always does "abundantly above what we can ask or imagine", doesn't He? He refills the empty cup. He splashes color on pale, dry ground. He energizes those who need to continue onward and upward, and who think that maybe they can't go another step. They find out, though, that they can.

You can always take a step further with God. Even if the miles stretch before you, you only have to think about a step at a time. You only have to rest your mind on the goodness of God displayed all around you; shown in the "land of the living".

I'll share more later. But for now, I have to unpack, hug my family, refill an empty fridge, and walk around with a big smile on my face because of all the wonderful things that God is up to. That He joyfully let me catch a glimpse of some of these things makes me just smile even more.

I'm physically exhausted, but I've never been more ready to go onward with Him.

6 comments:

twinklemom said...

Can't wait to hear how everything went!

TexasTesla said...

How wonderful! Sometimes we need a retreat (or just a night away) to help us recharge and be ready to really tackle life's challenges.

Angie said...

I can't wait to hear a fresh word from you either. Made me think of Yada Yada Prayer Group, a book based on a women's retreat. You'd enjoy it if you haven't read it. Very good and a fast read.

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
It was a blessing to have met you at the retreat this past weekend. God has given you a wonderful gift of speaking and I pray that He would open more and more doors for you. I hope that we can work together again in the future (you demonstrate the whirling dish towels and we'll play the music :-). You never know what God has in store. Keep in touch.

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

To understand a smidget of what Diane was talking about concerning the dish towel, see my latest post!!)

Anonymous said...

Lauren I just wanted to say that was the best weakend I have had in a long time.I have never left my family this was my first time but I am glad I did. I had lots of questions about the lord but after the retreat the only question I have is why did it take me so long to accept the lord in my life.
THANK YOU.