Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring Break

This week is Spring Break and we have had more than Spring-like weather here in New York. Today it felt like the middle of summer. The sun warmed my skin and eased my muscles so that I walked along, with my daughter, as though I was a kid again, carefree, smiling, and free. We spent the afternoon in a picturesque nearby town, ate gelatto, walked miles (it seemed) and came home with a riproaring appetite for tonight's supper of fajitas. My husband and son were thrilled when we laid out all the fixings on the table, and Harry waited hopefully by my feet in case anything was dropped. But nothing came his way. We ate it all.

Monday I am taking my son to visit one more college and then he is making his final decision. Spring is here, summer is on its way, then college starts in late August, and life is changing for us with this momentous event. I will be the mother of a college student- one who will most likely be hours away from home, in a whole new region of this country.

But for today, I still have both my chicks in the nest, my dog sprawled at my feet, my husband near by, and my heart full of gratitude. I feel very rich today. It's as if my eyes were opened wide- and I really saw all the blessings in living color.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like you are indeed a blessed woamn:)

Unknown said...

You are blessed to have your family together and blessed to have a child who will be going off to college soon; when many don't make it that far. As always, I love your writing, but I fear I haven't had time to stop by as frequently as I'd like.

Hope your allergy troubles go away soon. Isn't spring fun?

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Robin- Some days we just "Feel" more blessed than others- but we're always blessed, aren't we?!

Spirited-
Any time you can stop by is a treat for me. I love hearing from you. I've been blogging less and visiting other blogs less because I've been busy with life around me. Whether our kids stay with us, take a different turn down an unexpected road, break our hearts, or make us laugh, it's all an incredible journey that we mothers take, isn't it?

God's girl said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Praise God.
Much love,
Angela

Lindsay said...

It sounds to me like you are enjoying each and every good thing He brings your way!

Blessings to you as you continue to see His goodness in ALL things!

myfabfaith.com said...

I love the spring time also. I'm just beginning my journey parenthood. My three children 6, 4, and 3. I try my best to enjoy while they are still young. God has truly blessed my and my wife.-Richard

Christian Myspace Layouts