Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Snoozing under the Christmas Tree

As you can see by this picture taken last night, Harry is exhausted. Joy can tire you out, you know. And so can a college student who comes home for the holidays and stays up till the wee hours of the morning.

Harry is elated that Alex is home; elated and tired. He hasn't driven all over town or done any Christmas shopping or baking or decorating, but he's flat out pooped, just the same.

And now that his "boy" is back, Harry is shadowing Alex's movements, not wanting to miss a thing. He's had two late nights already and I can tell that by the time Alex returns to school, Harry will need a day at the spa. And so will I.

But neither us will get there.

Still, it'll be the merriest of Christmases!

May yours be bright with hope and scented with grace!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this snippet about your Harry! I too, have pets (cats) who are thrilled that my two adult children are home for Christmas. Whether they would admit it or not, they love this change in their routine,as they guard over their human wards.

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Joyce-
If I didn't have two kids allergic to cats, I would be a cat lady too!

Dulantha said...

Happy Christmas...............!

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

The same to you, Dulantha!