Thursday, February 07, 2008

Top or Bottom- This Momma Has it All

I'm a Top Mommma!
First I was hot Mama, a couple days ago (see the previous post for clarification!), and now I'm a TopMomma! http://www.topmomma.com/

Apparently I'm on the front, home page of TopMomma.com! Now I don't know how I got there, and I don't know what this is exactly, but since when has confusion and blundering around stopped me from getting anywhere?!!

I'm a Top Mommma!

"Mommy bloggers are sorted by popularity, which is based on clicks and referrals. When a new mom enters the roster, the least popular one gets pushed off the site. Think of it as a “mommy time out”…With a bit of luck, and a really supportive bra, you just may end up as TOP MOMMA – which earns you bragging rights and a spot in the elusive “Hall of Fame..."

Okay, so does this mean people have to vote for me? Am I still a top mama even if no one responds to this at all? Do I still have worth and value even if I fall off this "hall of fame" chart I am supposedly on for a brief fleeting moment?

And how coincidental is it that tonight I am teaching a workshop on "Breaking the Bondage of Maintaining an Image"?!! Here I have a momentary uptick in my Image, and I am about to speak about breaking the bondage of trying to maintain an Image!

What are some of my key points? I'm glad you asked. Let's just look at two lies that we wind up believing when it comes to trying to LOOK GOOD.

1. Myth #1 FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT
Even if you "Fake it till you Make it"- you'll never really make it. Sorry, but that's the bad news. As to when you get to the point of having "made it" I don't think we really have an objective indicator for that. The measuring mark just keeps getting moved up, you have to run on that hamster wheel forever, and you'll still never "MAKE IT". You'll never get to that day when all think well of you and YOU think well of yourself. Let's just put that lie where it belongs: in the garbage can!


2. Myth #2 IF YOU DON'T LOOK GOOD, HANG OUT WITH SOMEONE WHO LOOKS WORSE THAT YOU- AND MAYBE YOU'LL LOOK BETTER IN COMPARISON!
At one of the low points in my life, years ago, I decided to befriend a janitor at nursery school my daughter was going to. This was a time in my life when finances were miserable, our housing situation was precarious (tell you more about that some time) and I felt about as wonderful as a frog in a pot of boiling water. I first started talking to this janitor at the school because he was a sweet humble man and I couldn't cope with hanging around anyone who was successful, powerful, and making huge advances in their life. The thing is, as I got talking with this man on almost a daily basis, I found out he was a man of peace, a man of inner rest and tranquility, a man who knew that "no weapon formed against him would prosper". This was a man who could have been the CEO of a company- or he could be a janitor- and neither position would make him feel more self worth.

I learned something from that janitor. He changed the course of my life. Not because I suddenly became successful and wealthy, but because I found out what it looked like to have the "secret of contentment (Phil. 4:10-20). And when I looked at that smiling, rejoicing janitor, I thought to myself, "I want to be like him. I want to know, really know, what he knows."

So, Top Momma, Hot Momma, Weary Momma, Waiting Momma- whatever momma I am, in whatever circumstances I find myself in, I can "do it." Yup, that's right. I can LIVE a wildly satisfying, abundant life, with my eyes on Him, and know no limitations to peace and joy. He says I can have it. And I believe Him.


10 comments:

Robin said...

woo hoo-I needed to read that last paragraph today as a parting reminder! Thank YOU for that!!
See ya later~ God BLESS!

twinklemom said...

Love that! Absolutely loved that!

nicóle said...

I'm so glad you're on "Top Mamma" today, because I don't think I would have found your blog otherwise, and for that I'm thankful. I found your blog to be very inspiring and uplifting! Thank you. I've bookmarked you so I can comeback and visit often!

Nicole

Kim S in SC said...

Hey Lauren! Just re-fueling again! Great stuff here today (as always!). Have a great night teaching! Go sista, soul sista...sorry, just had to sing a bit!

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Good to hear from you all!

Nicole- So glad you stopped by!

Kim- You can sing here anytime!
(Especially anything with a groovy beat!!)

God's girl said...

ha ha! Congrats! I am so excited about that workshop! I wish I could attend. I am praying all goes well. I do love that story of the janitor.
Much love,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Montreal, Canada. Wow, what a great blog!

Wren
http://z6.invisionfree.com/denominations

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lauren!(Top Momma)

God blessed you with rhema "moment" -- where God has showed his truth to you! He is good no matter the circumstance or job title. We need to learn like Paul "learned to be content...."(Phil. 4:11)
I am still in the learning process.
Thank you.

miriam

Amy Wyatt said...

Great reminders. I'm reading and getting lots of comparison stuff from God lately. Apparently I haven't let it move from my head to my heart yet. Thanks for reminding us of the truth.

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Wren- Hope you're staying warm up there!! My husband and I loved visiting Montreal YEARS ago. Beautiful place.

Miriam-
Yes, when we get those "aha!" moments of understanding it's like a flood light coming in to a dark room.

Amy-
You look familiar! (But then again my husband says I say that about everyone I meet. Someone always reminds me of someone else!)