Thursday, July 02, 2009

Ta-Da!!

Sometimes when you wearily ask God to point out a way, where there seems to be no way, He does something different instead: He gives you a moment of refreshment so that you can get back on track. Cause you find out, later, that you're doing just fine- it's just that you were getting a bit stale and worn.

I have been feeling, lately, about as creative as a turtle going through menopause. Sluggish. Slow. Unenlightened.

And then I get this award. (Sigh). It's beautiful. Undeserved, I think, but certainly appreciated. Just what I needed.

And the fact that the award itself- the design and the color- is so much up my alley of what I love, decorating style-wise, makes me think how much God wanted to cheer me up. (I'd love to walllpaper my bedroom in that pink toile-like pattern in the award).

Thank you, C. Nick at A Provision of God . I am touched and smiling inside. And feeling creative again.

Okay, now I have to list 7 things that I love and then pass the award along to 7 of my fellow bloggers.

THINGS I LOVE:

1. When God surprises me with a big, fat, huge YES when I was expecting a No.
2. When someone says "I understand"- and they really do.
3. A foot rub with peppermint lotion
4. Pizza Night with my family
5. Reading a Good Book that takes me into another world and returns me to my own with increased hope and understanding
6. When someone stands up for someone in need, at the risk of their own comfort
7. Inner Peace (Peace like a river)

Now this is the part of getting an award that always gets to me. I hate to select only a few people to receive something that many people deserve to get.

Can I do it this way? Can I expand the award base?

I'd like to pass this award on to the 38 Readers ("Followers") listed on my side panel here. These readers, of their own volition, chose to follow the postings here on Faith Fuel. They're like fragrant pineapple-scented chewing gum that sticks to you- and I'm glad they've stuck to Faith Fuel and want to follow what happens here.

So each of you Blog FOLLOWERS, please receive this award and post the 7 things you love. Let's visit their blogs and get to know each other more! These are some of the Followers of this blog:

Kelly's Ideas
K.Frangeskos, Jesus Knows You Best
Jeremy Belter, Fitness in the Fast Lane
Shanchere, The Cracker Lady

and more ...............................................................................................>>>>>

Have fun visiting these great people. And thanks again, C. Nick. Now I'm off to have a very creative, fruitful, inspiring day!!

5 comments:

Kathleen Frangeskos said...

To Lauren,
I am soooooo touched! What a beautiful surprise to wake up to...to receive this award from you tells me many things....
That my work serving Jesus is good, my site is not boring and
JESUS KNOWS YOU BEST leaves one feeling positive and upbeat!

Thank you again so much Lauren for thinking of me...I greatly appreciate you bestowing this sweet award to me!
I will treasure it and your sentiment...
God Bless and
All the best to you

MOMSWEB said...

Woooonderful post! Glad I dropped by. Your blog is very peaceful and I seek peace!

Mikes Sumondong said...

Congratulations Lauren! May God bless you and your blog!

I'm one of your followers os that means I get this award as well?

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Mikes-
You sure do get the award as well!
Every one of my Blog Followers, up till today, is getting this award.
:)

Jessica Eldenstjärna said...

LOVELY! I was attracted to this post for several reasons I think.. the colour on your award.. yeah, I'm totally into pink/green too,, and that pattern is beautiful! :D Then the cheerful vibrations and all the love! The world needs love :) The internet is so full of everything.. bad stuff, meaningless stuff, good stuff, and really good stuff. Your blog is really good stuff :) keep it up! The name is great!